Building & Liscense Inspection
Building & License Inspector
- Conduct building inspections to include structural adequacy, mechanical operation of installed equipment, electrical installation and safety, and plumbing layout and fixtures.
- Determine zoning locations and appropriate setbacks.
- Accept and approve applications for permits; examines specifications, blueprints, and plans to ensure code compliance.
- Deal with public to answer questions regarding inspection procedures and applicable zoning ordinances. Answer questions concerning zoning requirements within stated zones.
- Prepare statements of zoning certification for area businesses.
- Maintain subdivision regulations and insure compliance of occupants.
- Inspect roads, drainage structures and utilities in subdivisions.
- Gather information on annexations.
- Assist other departments with technical advice when needed for construction; provide reports as needed to County, State and federal agencies.