Administrative Assistant Duties
- Assume receptionist duties, answering phone and routing messages, greet public, refer visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for providing essential administrative support at City Hall including word processing, filing, and handling complaints under general guidelines.
- Open, sort, and route mail on a daily basis.
- Prepare daily cash deposits, print reports, post to general ledger, document activity, and file reports.
- Assist Mayor, Personnel/Purchasing Manager, Building Inspector and City Clerk/Treasurer with administrative duties as required including but not limited to correspondence, research, and recording data.
- Assist in the promotion of the City by helping coordinate promotional events such as the Summer Concert, National Day of Prayer, Arbor Day, Award Picnic, Day of Prayer, Arbor Day, Blood Drive and Award Banquet.
- Assist in obtaining supplies and other general procurement needs as required.
- Maintain Tree City certification and budget as a member of the Tree Commission.
- Perform related work as assigned or required.